When you get a quote with us, we use your postcode to find the best paying scrap yard in your local area. Each scrap yard, or authorised treatment facility (ATF), bids on your vehicle based on its total weight. We show you the best price available from an ATF which serves your postcode area.
FREE CAR AND VAN COLLECTION ACROSS SCOTLAND
National Scrap Car has 99% coverage across the UK including the cities, towns and villages of Scotland.
Our network of professional and experienced Scottish scrap yards are vetted to ensure they deliver the best possible experience for our customers in Alba.
All of our collections for cars and vans are completely free. We never haggle on price, what you get quoted is what you pay.
Scotland Scrap Cover
Our complete UK coverage extends to every corner of Scotland including major cities like Glasgow and Edinburgh all the way up to the Highlands and Hebrides. We collect from all of the county towns, smaller towns and remote corners of the eight counties, from Moray in the north to Dumfries and Galloway in the south. Your scrap car or van will be disposed of and recycled with you getting paid the best scrap prices from our network of scrap yards.
We cover the following counties and cities:
Reasons to scrap with National Scrap Car
• The price we quote is what we pay – no hidden fees or haggling
• Guaranteed best prices from all scrap yards in our Scottish network
• Fast cash payments on the day the car is collected
• Trusted and approved by thousands of customers across the UK
• Free collections and help with DVLA paperwork
The Scrap Car Process
Our scrap process couldn’t be easier. Instead of phoning scrap yards local to you and them estimating how much your car might be worth as scrap, or worst yet charging you money to pick up the vehicle, our journey is simple and quick.
- Enter your postcode and registration into our calculator
- Browse through the top quotes and accept the best price
- The buyer will contact you to arrange a convenient collection date and time
- The paperwork will be completed and the vehicle will be collected
- You’re done! You’ll receive payment quickly and efficiently the same day
Vehicle Scrapping Statistics in Scotland
We see all kinds of car and van makes and models from the newest electric vehicles to decades old diesels from the all of the major car brands. And it doesn’t matter if the car is without an MOT, has crash damage, doesn’t start or is an insurance write off.
- The most scrapped cars were in Lanarkshire (32%), Midlothian (16%), Aberdeenshire & Ayrshire (8% each), and then Fife & Renfrewshire (6% each).
- The most scrapped car makes and models were the Vauxhall Corsa and Astra, Ford Focus and Fiesta, Volkswagen Golf, Renault Clio and the Volkswagen Polo.
- The most scrapped van makes and models were the Ford Transit and the Citroen Berlingo, then the Vauxhall Combo.
- The most scrapped car colour was silver followed by black, blue, white, grey, red and green.
- The most common registration dates were 2007, then 2008, then 2006, then 2005 and then 2009.
- The Orkney Islands, Isle of Lewis and Shetland had the highest number of SORN cars by population, but Glasgow and Fife are sitting on the highest scrap value at £3.3m and £2.9m respectively.
Scrap Your Vehicle in Scotland
It’s never been easier to scrap your car in Scotland, and we can help! The condition, make and model, size and age of your vehicle do not matter, but having a bigger car may lead to a bigger payout. Even if you’re looking to scrap your van or scrap your truck, we can help. Plus, a new government scrappage scheme is currently being trialed in Scotland. Make sure you browse the page to see if you might be eligible.
WHERE CAN I SCRAP MY CAR IN SCOTLAND?
At National Scrap Car, we can help you scrap your car in plenty of areas near you – keeping your options open. Whether you’re in Glasgow, Dundee or further afield, we’ll be able to find a car breaker and get you the best price for your scrap car.
HOW MUCH TO SCRAP MY CAR IN SCOTLAND?
Remember, it’s completely free to scrap your car with us. If you’re wondering how much you’ll make from scrapping your car, it really depends on the current rate for scrap value. The key thing to note is that if your car is larger than average, you may stand to make more since the value is based on weight. There are number of other factors influencing price too, such as the make and model.
HOW CAN I SCRAP MY CAR IN SCOTLAND?
All you need to do is fill in your registration and postcode for an instant quote, then follow the steps with us – we’ll do all the work for you. Plus, no matter where you are, we can collect your car for you, completely free of charge.